Tuesday 15 April 2008

I heart BBC3!!!

What we learnt from Last nights TV: "BBC 3 in good comedy shocker."


Everyone knows about “Gavin and Stacey”, although I must admit I find it a bit too whimsical at times, the whole thing with Ruth Jones’ character’s vivid past life seems a little forced (and thinking about it very reminiscent of Julie Walters’ mum character in Dinner ladies; I haven’t watched enough to know if she’s meant to be fantasist or not, I may be missing the joke).

Rob Brydon as always is excellent. Most of it is well written and there some are some genuinely funny bits. I could do without the scenes with meaningful music over the top though.

I do prefer “Pulling”. I was put off the first series as it was on BBC3 but have caught some of this one and it’s good.
It isn’t an out and out comedy but is still funny. Last nights story about having your kebab robbed was very good, (it is helped by the fact I’ve been to the same Stokey kebab shop it was filmed in) in fact if anything they under played the story, my mate got mugged for his Doner on green lanes (one street over) at gun point!

Sadlt the joke about Cock lollies would have been very good; if it hadn’t had come up the night before in the excellent underrated Dodgeball.
SoBBC 3 is funny whatever next? If they get rid of the crap documentaries were journalists pretend to binge drink and crash diet BBC 3, may just have a future.

2 comments:

Clair said...

I got dressed up to go out tonight and realised I looked like Ruth Jones' beefy lorry driver mum character - which had me heading for the frilly dress and high heels faste than you can say 'unplanned pregnancy'.

BLTP said...

I'm sure you'll look good whatever you wear ;)