Thursday 24 April 2008

I knew I was right


Things to do on your day off.



1.See the Battersea shield.
2.Have a very good steak and kidney pudding
3.Make a film
4.help curate the pictures at The National Portrait Gallery.



Yes, me and SF had a very good day, we spent most of it plotting, breaking off for the aforementioned repast washed down (for remedial purposes) with some excellent pride in the Newman Arms.


We took a stroll down town to NPG, which was as good as ever. One thing caught my (gimlet-like!) Eye in the modern gallery the print of Joe the fist (or whatever his nick name is) seemed to reversed, the “Everlast” on his shorts was back to front.


A quick check on the inter web confirmed my suspicions his tattoo had moved shoulders. Anyway the diligent “C” a curator at the museum was quick to hold their hands up and the caption is being changed.

I am Andrew Graham Dixon and I claim my ……


* gets out pen* “Now Dear Senor Prado I was surprised to see….”

Here’s the email.


Dear BLTP,
Thank you for your e-mail about the Joe Calzaghe portrait by Sam Barker. The photographer confirmed that the portrait was taken in a mirror and the slight texture on the print, is the boxer’s sweat! It is very confusing and I am now going to add a line on the caption. Thanks very much for drawing this to our attention.
All the best
NPG


Ps. please god I’m not turning into the sort person who starts every sentence "I think you’ll find….”

No comments: