Wednesday 30 July 2008

They day before you came.....

SDSS

Wake up, wake up Agnetha's coming round:

I’m not bleeding edge gizmotastic (see my super 8 films) I’m sort of an early liker late adopter i.e. I like the idea of new stuff but wait until it’s cheap and works before I buy it. So it's only now I’ve got a decent sized Mp3 player in the form of a lovely 8 GB N95 phone. Amongst its many virtues is that I now have goodish camera and Mp3 player in one, my old camera was so slow and annoying.

Anyway a few months ago in the midst of the “songs as charts” craze (do you remember those heady days) I did a couple of charts that proved popular, one of them was based around the “Day before you came” by ABBA. I did it in outlook (which I wasn’t using at the time). Anyway when I sent up my new phone it uses outlook for addresses and that. And a long story short, I unusually (for me) left my new phone next the bed (let’s be honest I was playing with it) and what happens I’m woken at 7.45 by Bjorn and Benny daily schedule. Followed by reminders at regular intervals through the day to “catch the train on time”, “to get to work by quarter after nine”, “buy Chinese” etc

I suppose I could turn it off (it repeats everyday as in the song) as it’s getting depressingly how similar some of my days are to the song’s Swedish protagonist (except I’m not reading the latest Marilyn French)!

Of course I should have done “Summer time” as diary planner not only would the “living be easy” but my Dad’s bank balance would be looking healthier!

No comments: