Monday 7 July 2008

We Luv Glasses

Hail Hail National Health Specs!!

Windows on a Brave New World:

There’s been a lot of splother about the NHS lately and seeing as this little bit of the interweb is meant to be about the wonderful side of life I thought I’d say my bit.
As a gebs wearer myself being able to see “proper” is very dear to me.

Older members of my family tell tales of getting there first set of NHS bins in the late 40’s and having a whole new world open up to them, trees had leaves, clouds had shapes, they could see the numbers on buses and they could actually see something at the pictures, how cool is that?

They may not be a sexy as Sputnik or Che Guevara but a damn sight more revolutionary ...

And geeks be damned how cool are that lot above!
So hurrah for such far sighted idea!
Long live specs for everyone!
Long the NHS!

3 comments:

ally. said...

if they're good enough for roy and eric that's good enough for me
x

Cocktails said...

Strangely enough, just this very minute I found out that someone in my office is spending £4000 (!!!!) on getting their eyes lasered because they hate wearing glasses. They look horrible she said.

How wrong is she? Glasses are great, as are NHS specs like my Dad got in the early 50s.

And mine are too actually... wouldn't swap them for expensive surgery anyday.

BLTP said...

AllY & C:
gebs is were it's at, never got with poking your self in eye vibe with contacts. As for laser surgery I've worn glasses so long I can't see the point.
I am kicking myself for missing out the bard of bins John Hegley.