Wednesday 13 August 2008

You spin me round.....


Hurrah it’s Vinyl Record Day (isn’t everyday...),
here’s my contribution I was in Oxford at the weekend dodging in and out of the showers and found an Oxfam (a local shop for a local charity!). It had a very well laid out record section downstairs.

I don’t mind places like Oxfam getting organised and making the most of their donations (i.e. charging higher prices) I’d much rather the money went to them than to a shark on E-bay with no love of music or any charitable leanings. If they can generate money for their work good luck to them, even if some of their pricing is “optimistic”.

The women who ran the place was a “character” berating customers who didn’t say hello (in there defence they probably not use to cheery record store staff!) and telling me about her dog troubles (I fear she may have told me about them even if I wasn’t there if you know what I mean).

Anyway I found a copy of a Shirelles’ single and something by Nancy S which looked good and then went for celebratory mug of builder’s tea!

Soldier Boy by The Shirelles



Tony Rome by Nancy Sinatra

No comments: