Saturday 28 February 2009

la latte continue: Summer of Rage?


la latte continue
Originally uploaded by bltphoto

Frothy Politics are over?

I was joking recently about the lack of protest about the messed up state of things and some of my friends rightly said this wasn't necessary a good thing.

I think the problem is we've yet to work out what world we want .

Why support the property market when it was bizarre unaffordable joke?

Why help support making cars when we are not sure we want to buy loads of stuff on credit? and as for pensions for bankers well.


The problems seems to be summed up in the slogans our jokey email exchange produced. Oh and the wonderful graphic our S knocked up he's a clever beggar, the sort we need more of to work out what to?

‘PROFITEROLE NOT DOLE!’

"what do we want, we want to go back to loads of cheap credit so we can get even further up to our eyes in debt buying big tellies, cheap bags from matalan and ready meals, when do we want it now"

"no taxation without relocation, relocation"

"give me freeview or give me Davina"

So what's the best way forward?

3 comments:

al_uk said...

As a member of the very fortunate and lucky nouveau riche (public employee, currently permanent position, final salary pension, mortgage 60% of the house value, no debts, all cars paid for, no outstanding credit card balances and savings)I don't know the answer to what's best for the country. I could pull the drawbridge up.....and yet that certainly doesn't feel correct.
I also worry that once I work it out I don't know who I want to do it. Voting in the next election is becoming a huge problem....maybe what I want is "none of the above" on the ballot paper.

Graham Smith said...

La Latte does indeed continue. They were handing them out free outside a new coffee shop on the Headrow this morning - by a bloke looking suspisciously like Fred-the-Shred... I smell a conspiracy...

BLTP said...

Fred-shred does sound like a particularly unpleasant school bully doesn't he.